At Block Armour, we believe that privacy is important for our customers' trust.
We inform customers when we collect their Personal Information and we honor their preferences for contacting them.
Third Parties processing our information
We choose trustworthy vendors and suppliers to process our Personal Information and we require them to commit to adequate privacy and data security standards. We require our partners to commit to privacy policies and standards that we consider adequate.
Data Integrity and Proportionality
We collect Personal Information to use it for specific and legitimate business purposes. We only collect what we need and store it safely and accurately and retain it as needed for its intended purpose.
Customer Benefit/Value for Customers
We share with our customers the benefits/value we derive from processing their Personal Information.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, either to request information, sign up for newsletters, request online product demonstrations, download a whitepaper or case study, register for webcasts or events, we collect and ask you to provide information about yourself ("Your Information") that may include:
- Contact details, including your name, business address, business e-mail address, phone number, the company you work for, your job title or business role, your area of responsibility, your country or region;
- User ID and password, if you establish an account with us;
- Chat information, you provide when interacting online with our sales team or customer service;
- Information about your computer or device, including browser type and settings;
- Log data, including information such as your computer's IP address, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages you visit on our - Site, time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics;
- History of interaction with our webpages and LIVE Community and traffic data relating to your Internet connection;
- Other information that does not specifically identify you, such as actions taken on our website.
Providing your data is optional, but it may be necessary for certain services, such as product registration, to access content, such as whitepapers/case studies. In such cases, if you do not provide your information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
How we use your information
We use Your Information mainly to interact with you, to provide you with support services, to improve our Site and our products, and share content and information on our products and services that might interest you.
We use Your Information as follows, where processing is necessary to establish or administer our agreement with you:
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our services;
- Communicate with you regarding support services and provide you with critical service updates;
- Provide you with technical and customer support, and enable the provisioning of services;
- Register you for events;
- Determine the entity you are connecting from.
- Subscribe you to newsletters, and manage your subscriptions and preferences;
- Call you or e-mail you with updates and marketing content;
- Solicit your opinion or feedback;
- Research and implement product improvements and product updates;
- Provide you with a customized experience when you visit our Sites;
- Monitor, administer, and analyze use of the Sites; increase our Site's functionality and user-friendliness.
We may also use your information where processing is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations, including responding to legal process or lawful requests. Lastly, we may use your information with your consent, where required by applicable law.
Information from Third Parties
Third parties may provide us with information about you from online and offline sources. We may combine such information with the information we already have about you, to provide you with a better experience, to determine your interest in our products, and to improve the quality of our offerings. For instance, we may use third party web analytics tools to pool together contact information collected through any of our forms or email campaign with contact information provided by you via opt-in on other websites form or email – to identify you when you visit our websites.
We may also aggregate Your Information with information collected from other website visitors, to generate statistics, and analyze and understand how visitors use our Sites.
We use Your Information to contact you with Block Armour’s newsletters, marketing, promotional materials, and other information and products that may be of interest to you, including personalized predictive recommendations. This may include using demographic, geographic or trend data provided by third parties, where permitted. Contact details, including phone numbers and email addresses, may be used to contact you.
If you do not want us to e-mail you, you can choose not to give your permission on the webpages and/or forms with which we collect Your Information. Please note that in some regions this may involve un-checking a box.
At any time, if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you can unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication.
To the extent you have given your consent, our Website may use a technology called a “cookie”. A cookie is a piece of information that our webserver sends to your computer (actually to your browser file) when you access a website. Then when you come back our site will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the site and help us analyze site usage more accurately. For instance, our site may set a cookie on your browser that keeps you from needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the site.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, lease, rent or give away Your Information. We only share Your Information as described below, with our affiliates, business partners, service providers that process information on our behalf, and law enforcement. If we share Your Information, we require those we share it with to comply with appropriate privacy and confidentiality requirements, and security standards.
You have the right to request access to Your Information and to rectify it, to object to data processing, to request the erasure of Your Information, and to withdraw your consent.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority.
Links to other sites
Our Site contains links to other websites owned or operated by other companies. If you choose to visit any linked websites, we encourage you to review their privacy statements carefully, as they may differ from ours. We do not exercise control over third party websites and we are not responsible for their content or privacy practices. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
Our websites may also link to co-branded websites that are maintained by Block Armour and one or more of our business partners. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any co-branded site to which you link for information on the privacy practices of that site.